The Buddhist Temple of Toledo hosts two non-residential commuter teaching retreats each year.
- Tuesday, March 6 - Sunday, March 11 (see daily schedule below)
- Tuesday, June 12 - Sunday, June 17 (see daily schedule below)
During each teaching retreat, Reverend Rinsen and Reverend Do'on lead the attendees through an in-depth exploration of a selected Buddhist text. The programs are aimed at those who already have some basic knowledge of Zen Buddhist principles and philosophy, but complete beginners as well as seasoned practitioners will find each teaching retreat to be a uniquely enriching and informative experience.
The heart of each retreat will consist of modular teaching sessions and small group discussions with brief periods of zazen and liturgy. Students are encouraged to attend the entire retreat, however each morning and afternoon session stands alone as an independent event and you are welcome to attend individual sessions.
Buddhist Temple of Toledo
6537 Angola Road
Holland, Ohio 43528
Daily, Tuesday – Saturday
- Arrival and morning set-up: 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Morning session: 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Community lunch: 12 - 2:30 p.m.
- Afternoon session: 2:30 - 5 p.m.
Sunday: Closing Ceremony: 11:00 am
- Do'on Osho prepares a delicious and healthy gluten-free vegan meal that we will share together.
- If you have allergies or special diet (beyond vegan, gluten-free diet), please bring a bagged lunch.
- Community members may bring snacks and desserts to share (snacks and desserts brought by community members may contain gluten and may not be vegan).
- Members of the Buddhist Temple of Toledo: Cost is included with your annual membership.
- Visitors: A free-will donation of any amount is welcome. Visitors are also welcome to become members - Join Now!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all about this special summer teaching retreat!