Become a 2020 Temple Member
What is Temple Membership?
The Buddhist Temple of Toledo welcomes you to consider becoming an official Member, whether you live near the Temple or at a great distance.
Temple Members are people who decide to make a year-long commitment to create opportunities for authentic Dharma practice for the Buddhist Temple of Toledo Sangha by making a financial commitment and deciding to honor the Sangha Covenant and Code of Ethics. As a Temple Member, your financial gift allows the Sangha to offer all of the programs in our training and practice mandala free of charge to everyone who wishes to learn how to live as a Bodhisattva.
Your membership will make Temple services, intensive meditation retreats, podcasts, livestreams, and much more possible.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Benefits of Membership
- Attend unlimited Sesshin retreats
- Join members only interactive in-person and virtual programming
- Participate in a local or online Sangha Circle during Ango
- Discern taking the Bodhisattva Precepts
- Form and participate in Affinity and Support Groups
- Check-out books from the Temple Library
What is Distance Membership?
The Buddhist Temple of Toledo welcomes all people who feel a connection to the Buddhist Temple of Toledo Teachers and Sangha to become members. The Temple offers special programs for Members who live too far away to visit the Temple.
Special Benefits for Distance Members
- Participate in monthly group video call with Rinsen Roshi
- Connect with Teachers and other Distance Members in a distance-members only Facebook Group
- Online Sangha Circles during Ango
- Care packages for Ango
- Tailored sesshin orientation program
Anyone member lives more than 1 hour travel time from the Temple will be automatically enrolled in the Distance Members program unless they ask not to be. If you live closer but have a special situation -- such as being homebound due to illness -- please let me know so we can discuss accommodations.
How much does Membership cost?
As a Temple Member, you decide how much to give as your membership donation. The Buddhist Temple of Toledo gratefully accepts any financial offering, and no one is ever turned away for financial reasons.
Some Members are able to give $1000 every month, some are able to give $1 each year. Many members give between $9 per month and $108 per month. $108 per month ($1296 per year) is roughly the amount needed to sustainably providing authentic and rigorous Dharma training for each Sangha member.
To determine what amount is best for you to pledge, please consider an amount that:
- is realistic for your expected financial circumstances
- aligns with the value the sangha/your practice provide you
- provides for the steady growth of the sangha to spread the dharma deep, far and wide
If you are not certain of what you be will able to give, pledge the amount you will comfortably be able to give so that we can plan the year. You are always welcome to adjust your pledge or to give extra donations beyond your pledge.
How do I pay my pledge?
The Temple recommends automatic recurring monthly giving through Paypal.
If you are not able to use Paypal, please mail checks to
Buddhist Temple of Toledo
c/o Leizerman & Associates
3450 Central Ave #328
Toledo, OH 43606
How Do I Join?
To become a member, we invite you to:
- agree to the Sangha Covenant
- agree to the Sangha's Ethical Guidelines
- decide on a pledge to make an annual financial contribution of any amount to the Buddhist Temple of Toledo
- fill out your Membership Form